srm-210 trimmer loses power and runs rough when turned upside down

Ready to Mow

LawnSite Gold Member
My trimmer runs really rought and has no power when you flip it upside down to edge sidewalks. It runs good if you are trimming with it rightside up. Anyone know what's wrong with it? Not sure why it doesn't run good all of a sudden. I didn't have any complaints with it a few days earlier. I adjusted the carb thinking that was the problem but it's still not running right.

MowerMedic77

LawnSite Bronze Member
The term is roll out(Basically fuel pools in the carb opening and when the unit is turned it dumps into the engine) echo has made some special cuts in some of their carb gaskets to help with this problem. Since this is a new problem for you I'm going to say you will need to do some carb/fuel system inspection.

piston slapper

LawnSite Platinum Member
2 stroke engines are omni directional....should operate equally in all positions.
You probably have an air leak.....loose carb....iso block leak....crank seals...head gasket....
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
R

Ready to Mow

LawnSite Gold Member
Would a clogged jet cause this problem? These carbs are easy to clean so I may do that if that's a possible problem.

OP
R

Ready to Mow

LawnSite Gold Member
I tried messing with it today and it ran the same when I turned it upside down. It's not bogging down anymore, but it's running kind of rough. My trimmer has the single adjustment screw. The kind with the plug that they put on because of the epa. Does anyone know how many turns i'm supposed to turn it to set it right? I'm assuming that turning it out makes it run richer and turning it in leaner?