Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought 2 new echos last june. srm 260bp's. things ran like crap from day 1. both of them. by the end of the season, both were, and still are, out of service. heard rumors echo was having problem with their carbs for a brief period last season, anyone else have problems? if so, what was done about it?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. It was under warranty, so they replaced the carb at no cost to me. I heard that they were going to switch from diaphram carbs to barrell valve carbs to solve their problem.

If they are still under warranty, make the dealer live up to that warranty and repair them.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Didn't realize that was the only one available. If you could get the srm 2400 heads like that on a regular basis, I would go into another line of business.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have an SRM 210 that I use for back-up. I've had it for a few years and it has not been very reliable. I've reparied the carb several times. It's a light duty trimmer more suited to the homeowner.
I'd like to see Echo build some really good commercial grade trimmers and stick edgers, but I don't think they have the nerve to go head to head with Stihl or Shindaiwa. If they did the market for their product would explode since they sell them at the depot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have a echo gt 2400 "homeowner" grade trimmer. i has lasted through 8 years of commercial mowing. i noticed that if you dont run premium gas they dont run very well. try running premium gas

·
Registered
765 Posts
i had my echos carb go bad in one month, it was covered under warrenty

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, we've been using echo's for more than 10 years, never had what we feel is a manufacturer's defect until those two from last season.

i called echo about it, because the dealer gave one back to me and charged me $50, and the other is in pieces at the dealers shop, he wants me to pick it up like that. Echo is supposed to get back to me on Monday. but here's the thing...we cannot accept the fact that we spent just under $600 for three months of use. either the manufacturer or the dealer is going to fix this problem for us by either fixing or replacing them or i will be the biggest pain in the @ss that echo has ever seen.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had mine in the shop for the same reason. He pulled the screen out of the exhaust and it has never looked back. It's worth a try ..... Just don't tell the EPA, they are a little sticky about that stuff.

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.