• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

St Augustine/ Floritam

capelawncare.com

LawnSite Fanatic
Can anyone recomend good fert for floritam? I have a yard that is 3/4 floritam and 1/4 bahia. How can I get the floritam to take over?

Any help would be appreciated.

RAlmaroad

LawnSite Silver Member
Soil test for St. Augustine from County Extention Agent to start would be your best route. Apply recommended amt. Generally St. Augustine likes it nitrogen (1lb/K) in May, June, July. Do not add any N after about August 20th (This will probably differ in Fl.) Don't really know why but grass needs to rest before going into dormancy. Give it a little extra potassiuim during dormancy. Roots need to have the potash activated in the soil ready for the next growing season. Ric, a member here, is the real pro on Flordia St. Augustine.

OP
capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com

LawnSite Fanatic
Thanks! I appreciate it!

Ric

LawnSite Fanatic
Cape

I am very close to your area. I can provide full service to your customer. Service calls with application to the Cape start at only $ 75.00 plus fuel surcharge. I recommend a 8 step year round program.