• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

stand on aerator belt HELP!!!!!

GREENITUP

LawnSite Senior Member
I've got an older Toro 30" hydro aerator and I'm afraid the belt is about to give out (only 2 days left for the season - so this sucks). if they break on a lawn - you are stuck there, right?
Anybody replaced one before? I've read it takes a while and a high temp Gates belt is best. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

OP
G

GREENITUP

LawnSite Senior Member
Right - I didn't write the question correctly (sorry - I copied this from last year and forgot to work on it over the summer). I can't get the d@mn belt off. the tensioner pulley arm won't allow it to slip off the main pulley. Is there a trick or something i'm missing???? thanks

OP
G

GREENITUP

LawnSite Senior Member
Has anybody replaced their stand-on hydro aerator "drive" belt ? Mine is about shot and will not
power the hydro drives well. i can not figure out how to remove it..... released tensioner pully but
belt will not slip over the arm. does something else have to be taken off first?
What's the trick to it???? help Greatly Appreciated.

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
Is there a name on it?

The Green One

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the link Greenone..... have you done this before. looks like you have to drop the transmission ???
See the link in Post #7.

You do not have to drop the trans. You have to loosen bolts in a sequence/order in able to remove the belt. Step -by-step.

You got this!