1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stand on mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&F lawnmaster, Oct 9, 2012.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i've used my toro 52" grandstand for 3 years now and absolutely love it.

it handles hills just fine. there is no weight problem.

i do strictly residential properties.

i've used walkbehinds, stand ons and sit downs. i'd choose a stander over a sit down any day of the week. you do need a small walkbehind on the trailer though. i carry a 36" walkbehind to get into a few gated backyards. but it only leaves the trailer 2 or 3 times a week for me.

2. D&F lawnmaster

D&F lawnmaster LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, I will demo a exmark next week for a few days and try to demo a gravely for one day.

3. shadetreelawns

shadetreelawns LawnSite Member

I hear only good things about wright mowers and I don't think there is a dealer in my state.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Shawn S

Shawn S LawnSite Member

I bought a John Deere 647A and I really like it. JD is the only dealer we have within 50 miles which was what made up most of my mind on the brand. The 7 Iron deck is great. Right now we are running it with an Accelerator to clean up leaves and the thing is like a vacuum.
    The only thing that is remotely annoying can be tree limbs. It certainly puts you much higher than a ZTR, and a little higher than a walk-behind.
    The vast majority of our properties are residential and it works great for those.