Standard Fuel Line size.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Happy Yard Service, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Happy Yard Service

Happy Yard Service LawnSite Member

I need to replace a majority of my fuel lines for my two stroke equipment. Does anybody know the majority or the two different standard sizes of hose that's used for most Newer Husqvarna and Stihl and older (not too old) Echo?

Figure URL link below would cover it for now, but I want to know the standard size so later I can buy it in bulk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZY2B539/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AYI27JSX7SHMW&psc=1

Man when these hoses get hard, they get hard as a rock. Geez.

Thanks for any help.

2. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Fanatic

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

avoid using tygon if possible. its has a very short life. I use sthil black rubber fuel line whenever possiable. it fits a varity of equiptment

Happy Yard Service likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Happy Yard Service

5. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Fanatic

The yellow fuel tubing on RedMax equipment, and I am sure others, as shipped from the manufacturer is Tygon.

Doc8406 likes this.
  6. lawnboy dan

the black stuff stihl uses is good for 10 years easy where the yellow tygon only a few years

7. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

The black oem stuff is hard to beat, but I use nothing but yellow tygon and can get many years out of it. THe main reason I like the black OEM is that it fits into gromets and tank inserts like it's supposed too, it seems to be larger OD. Especially with stihl saws and what not.

8. OP
    OP
    Happy Yard Service

My old echo chain saws has the same type of black hose that’s over 10 years old.

Where can I find that stuff I’m bulk?

9. lawnboy dan

I get mine from a local echo/shindaiwa dealer. he has it in spools. also I get it at a stihl dealer but its much more expencive . with the high heat here in florida the yellow tygone is toast fairly soon