1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Stander 36'' vs. WB 48''

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Patriots, May 3, 2006.

1. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

Looking to add a mower to my small commercial/large residential (.5 acre to 1.25 acre) crew. Running a Z-42'', Stander 52'' and WB 32'' - dumping the Z due to customer complaints about "that big machine on my lawn". Never-mind the fact that my guys love the Stander and no-one wants to use the Z anymore. For those with the Stander 36'' what do you think about it - does it get the job done while minimizing the customer complaints? Let me know what you think.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We got the Wright Sentar Sport this year almost by chance....we got the big sell-had height adj and electric start and seat. I can't tell you how happy we are with that unit, it is great. In fact I think that it will almost mow as much grass as the 48" unit in tight conditions. The only thing that I don't like is they don't have many grease fitting on this unit....even spindles are sealed. We have been in the business for 30 years and we are now going to ride/stand, no more walking for the owners. Absolutely no complaints from customers, in fact is has smaller profile than the Scag 36" hydro machinesl

3. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

i used the old 36 stander and its was a little bumpy and hard to keep it in a straight line, but they did change the tires on the new ones so it has a wider stance. the stander is going to cut just as much as a w/b 48 b/c your moving faster. if your guys like the standers already and are comfortable with them why not. does it have to be 36 stander b/c the 48 stander cuts pretty good too.

4. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

36'' because it fits in more gate - even acre lots around here are running 36'' gates

5. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Can the standers hold hills as good as a hydro wb? That's the only thing holding me back from buying one. I'm on the fence between an Exmark Viking and the Stander.

6. Patriots

Patriots LawnSite Member

You have never seen anything like the way a stander will hold a hill, its amazing.