1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

stander vs walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bond's Lawn Keepers, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Bond's Lawn Keepers

Bond's Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

Just thinking about buying a stander. But what advantage is a stander vs a walk behind, besides standing on it.

2. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

I have two and love them both. It is much faster for me that is, than using a walk behind.

3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

i will blow circles around a walkbehind! thats a fact!!

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Maneuverability and efficiency. From my experience, there is even a difference in stand-ons mowers in terms of maneuverability and efficiency. I would recommend a Wright, but get demos and make the best decision for yourself.

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Im thinking about getting a wright. I have a 48 inch hydro and I figure if I put a bullrider type sulky on it I will keep it but I think I will switch to all wrights after that.

Cheers
    Jeff

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

A stander is much faster than a walk-behind!!!!....I love my stander...I would also recommend a Wright.

7. gringo gardener

gringo gardener LawnSite Member

fore me the one disadvantage of using a hydro walker with a sulky is that the uneven weight distribution can create some uneven terrain from time to time ... i'm hoping to upgrade myself to a stander to hopefully alleviate this

also ... i wood get the widest tires u can as this will help minimize rutting