Lawn Care Forum banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts
Emark metro 26...need I say more?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yardguy28, I respect you because you give your opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs. But you don't make up lies. Edensgate, you say I'm unprofessional, you single me out, but why not the people making up stuff that isn't true to make a point. Why am I the only one being attcked today? I got attacked because a poster asked about standons vs ztrs, and I said I didn't like standons. Everyone got pissed at me. It was all good until dude came on here wanting to act like exmark is a crappy company with no factual basis at all
Posted via Mobile Device

Yardguy28, I respect you because you give your opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs. But you don't make up lies. Edensgate, you say I'm unprofessional, you single me out, but why not the people making up stuff that isn't true to make a point. Why am I the only one being attcked today? I got attacked because a poster asked about standons vs ztrs, and I said I didn't like standons. Everyone got pissed at me. It was all good until dude came on here wanting to act like exmark is a crappy company with no factual basis at all
Posted via Mobile Device
hmmm went to take a shower and this thread was 8 pages long with alot of un-called for stuff on it and now back an hour later with only 7 pages and most of the that stuff has been taken off........ As for this quote above, I had responded to exmark man's comment to me with a nicely worded response but it has been removed along with a few other posts.....so....I guess thanks moderator whoever you are for cleaning this thread up a little. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Just a guess, but when an offensive post is removed then any subsequent replies to that post are automatically removed...as well as replies to those replies. Etc...

IMO, one needs to pick their poison if they're choosing to ride while mowing. Get beat up standing OR get beat up sitting. I'd rather stand if I had the choice. Also, the shorter the wheelbase the better the cut with LESS scalping when cresting hills/undulations head-on. Also, shorter mowers take up less space on trailers and in tight situations while maneuvering.

Not sure how many of us were around watching Exmark come into existence but I noticed them right after Scag and Great Dane started up. Toro has been HUGE for eons. Kind of like Dixon was before they went to crap. ANYWAY... Toro saw a chance to get back market control with Exmark. They probably also saw the possibility of the box stores becoming customers. I don't know for sure either but If you think about it Exmark just may have not lasted if it weren't for Toro.

I guess grasshopper, hustler, ferris, scag, bad boy, Dixie chopper, and all the rest have no chance of surviving unless toro buys them out. Because exmark outsells them all and toro saved them like a box of dounuts saved the hungry fat woman.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll admit I was wrong, I guess I now too believe toro saved exmark. In a way toro is Gods gift to the lawn business. I always thought bad boy was the best, but it looks like toro put them in second place. Thank you everyone for opening my eyes to the truth
Posted via Mobile Device

Back to the original thread subject, I recently demoed a Vantage 48. My opinion is that it cuts great, is nimble, but has more cons than pros for ME. Cons: loading and unloading from trailer are awkward, controls are way too finicky which takes away my control and confidence, did like to tear too much (yes i was careful), cannot adjust deck on the fly like on a Z (i mean being able to mash the foot pedal to avoid a tree root etc without stopping. I have had lumbar surgery and it actuallly feels better to stand than sit for me. However, I have decided to buy a Lazer Z S in the 48. I am going tomorrow to buy it from my dealer.

I just felt I had no confidence on hills on the Vantage. I am 6'2 and maybe felt the center of gravity was too high? Plus, I mow around ALOT of crepe myrtles and other low hanging branches, which caused ducking and weaving on the Vantage. Like someone else said, the Vantage 48 deck is flush with the back tires, so you can't really get super close to posts, trees, signs etc.

I would like to add a vantage for flat jobs, but for now I will stick with my 36 Viking (which I love), and the new Z. :usflag:

i prefer toro and exmark for a couple of reason. mostly because i've come to know them as good quality machines that deliever a good quality cut.

i started with them because of the price and available. there is only one dealer in my neck of the woods that carry scag, walker and wright. the other 4 dealers do exmark, toro and john deere. the other brands in the market like dixon, bobcat, gravely, grasshopper, etc aren't even available.

MT, I'm glad I'm not the only one, I agree with everything you wrote and I am also 6'2". Be careful though. Lots of haters on here if you don't like standers
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm sure the stander is a good fit for many, you just don't see anybody using them around here. The two 36" vantages that the dealer in town sold are already back traded in for turf tracers......makes you wonder.

i'm sure we aren't mowing the same steep hill.

i'm 6' 1" and run a 52" grandstand on hills with no problems at all.

its not that i have a problem with people who don't like standers its just rare i think for someone to say there sit down performs better than there stander.

i'm sure we aren't mowing the same steep hill.

i'm 6' 1" and run a 52" grandstand on hills with no problems at all.

its not that i have a problem with people who don't like standers its just rare i think for someone to say there sit down performs better than there stander.
I understand what you're saying. I guess I found my whole body coming into play on the stander where it doesn't sitting down. Plus my wife said " you already have a stand up mower, why would you want another" I tried to explain that they are TOTALLY diff, but you know how that goes. I wonder if the vantage 52 would handle any better than the 48?

I understand what you're saying. I guess I found my whole body coming into play on the stander where it doesn't sitting down. Plus my wife said " you already have a stand up mower, why would you want another" I tried to explain that they are TOTALLY diff, but you know how that goes. I wonder if the vantage 52 would handle any better than the 48?
the vantage 52" should handle just like the grandstand 52" and i can tell you my 52" grandstand handles pretty good.....

61 - 80 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.