stander x

NAT

LawnSite Member
Anybody using this mower and how is the ride verse the regular standers.and can you walk behind them like grandstand?

kgflyboy

LawnSite Member
Anybody using this mower and how is the ride verse the regular standers.and can you walk behind them like grandstand?
I just bought one. The controls and handling are very precise. If you want, you can adjust the sensitivity of the controls, but it lowers the speed of the machine, which seems impractical to me. The ride is pretty comfortable. The spring platform seems to have just the right amount of give in order to provide a smooth ride.

The machine is set up to only run with an operator on the back. Theoretically, you could bypass the safety switch to allow you to run the machine without standing on the platform, but I don't know why you would want to. Standers are balanced and engineered to run with the weight of the operator. If you are walking behind it, it won't have as much weight on the tires and is more likely to slide on hills.

P.S. The stander X is great on hills.

pugs

LawnSite Gold Member
Yah, you wouldnt want to walk behind a stander anyway. I move them around the shop like that(you can do it with the blades off) and many times I run into problems getting it to behave how I want. Stepping onto the platform solves the traction issues of not standing on it.

OP
N

NAT

LawnSite Member
Thanks ,the only reason to walk behind when wet or soft.and in tight yards or slopes.:)