Standnd On Owners do you have a trimmer rack?

Mikeyd

LawnSite Member
I just sold my Z and purchased a 52 and 36' StandOn. Wow these things are fabulous!

It is so cool to just jump on and jump off the Stander like a step on a staircase.

Im a solo guy and I was thinking it would be great to have a trimmer mount to securely mount my trimmer to my stander? This would save me a trip to the truck and aid in my workflow.

I was visualizing cutting the outside perimeter as an example jumping off the Stander grabbing the trimmer do the trimming and back on the stander.

In tight places or awkward turns where the trimmer could be an obstruction I could quickly remove the trimmer.

Anyone doing something like this?

I found this on a search. Has potential but is pricy.

http://www.trimmertrap.com/all-products/14-sample-data-articles/80

Mike

QLM

LawnSite Senior Member
If you figure something out let me know. Even tried looking at bike repair stand clamps they are just as high. Would like something that secures well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Kare

LawnSite Senior Member
If you can, figure out how to better setup your rig? I mount my my trimmer and blower on my mower. I do one swipe around the inside/outside perimeter of the house followed by trimming the inside perimeter of the house, followed by edging driveway and sidewalk. I then cut the grass and trim around trees as I go. For backyard porches and flowerbeds I use the handheld. Once I'm done, by closing off my OCDC I can blow off the driveway and sidewalks with my mower. Anything stubborn or left over I use the handheld.

I timed the before and after setups and I'm saving about 5-8 minutes a yard.

The big take away from all this? Once I leave the truck I don't come back until I'm done. No repeated trips back to change equipment.

Below is my rig..

View attachment 299119
Seems like you fabbed one up. Can I see some more picture?
If anyone esle has one, I'd love to see pictures! Thanks!

Turf Kare

LawnSite Senior Member
I would have the trimmer folded like a taco in the first week .lol
I could see that, catch it on one good tree or post.
Maybe I can avoid that by angling the trimmer head down a little.

Turf Kare

LawnSite Senior Member

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
I had an trimmer trap MR 1 mounted on a Tracer. Gets in the way no matter how you mount. if you need to carry trimmer occasionally it's ok but don't eXpect to be rolling around w/trimmer all the time and not be majorly inconvenienced