• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

start time

firedog2710

LawnSite Member
i can't get the friggin' site search engine to accept my search. anyways, i would like to know what time is the earliest acceptable time to start mowing residential and commercial properties in the morning. i get relief in the morning at 0630 and would like to leave from the firehouse and start cutting.

Joe25

LawnSite Member
You could probably start cutting commercial accounts around 0700, but residential I would not start until 0800. I usually have the guys report at 0730 and we are cutting by 0800.

kmeku

LawnSite Member
I usually try not to start before 8am. I have had a few people say that they appreciate me not starting any earlier. So just to be courteous thats what I try to do. Its gotten me a few more accounts as well. If necessary ask the customer if you can start earlier and work out your route accordingly.

Good luck

J.M.

stslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
some towns have laws against running power equipment before a certain time. may want to check into that.

MudslinginFX4

LawnSite Bronze Member
We usually start at 8. All the equipment is gassed up and loaded the night before so everything is ready in the morning. Guys usually don't show up until 7:30.

OP
F

firedog2710

LawnSite Member
i'm just starting out and since i'm by myself, i don't want to spread myself too thin so i'm going to stay close to home (fenton), close to work (i work for olivette, so creve coeur, olivette, ladue, etc.) and where the money is (ballwin, manchester, chesterfield,and the rest of west county). where do you live in o'fallon? one of our guys lives there.:drinkup: