1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Started My New Job Today

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by FearThisDeere, May 29, 2007.

1. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I got hired to work the landscape and grounds crew at my former high school. I was a little edgy about it because I have a lot of work going on now, but I think i'll be able to manage my time. I have given some of my lawns to a close friend and will help him with the rest of them for now and then I'll take them back over at some point. I love this new job. I get paid pretty well and get town employee benefits. I got to mow with a Scag 72" zero turn and all I can say is wow. I've never driven a zero and what a change. My partner is a close friend of mine so we get a long well and all the guys are great. It is so much fun. So now I leave my house and 6:15 AM, start work at 7 AM, and stop at around 3:30 PM. Then run home where my friend grabs me on his route and go cut grass with him for a few hours. Then spend a few hours working at my farm. Then the weekends I'll work all day both Saturday and Sunday at the farm. So I'll be putting in a good 70 to 75 hours a week but I'll be loving every second of it.:cool2: