1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Starter Denso?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Penscape Landscaping, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried to rebuild there denso starter themselves? I have a 23hp Kawasaki on an Exmark and the starter went out. $225.00 is the cheapest i have found them! Brushes are $44.00 to rebuild.

2. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Texas Mower Parts on the right side of the sponor banners has starters used for$40, also call a local starter/generator shop and ask them, I walk out with one for $125 exchange and now they don't even want the old ones anymore so I recycle 'em till I get enough good peices to make up another one.

3. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

should be able to get new unit from Db electrical on Ebay. I just bought a denso replacement for $90 delivered for a Walker mower (20 hp command). This is the second time I have bought one from them. Not for same machine. Price depends on your model number. I have never had good luck rebuilding the denso's. I would clean mine up and put on bench and they worked good. I would put back into mower and it would stick off and on.

4. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

You may want to check out NAPA as they now have a line of starters for small engines. I can't confirm their quality as I have not used one as yet but price was about half to 2/3 of OEM on one for a 22 Kaw WC.

Dutch

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

You've probably bought a new starter by now but if not, take it to a rebuilder. I took mine (fh601v) yesterday and they put a new end cap and bearing in it for $24. Tony