Starting a Lawn Care Business

AOrth21

LawnSite Member
Hey all, I'm looking for some tips for my first year in having a lawn care business. I currently have 4 clients and I am looking to expand that. I have created a Google Business page and a Facebook page. I have also posted in the local buy/sell/trade groups in hope for possible customers. With all that being said I have gotten absolutely no response. I was wandering what everyone else did that helped them the most.
I also am thinking about getting my own lawn mower in the future. I currently use my dads lawn mower which is a John Deere X485 with a 62" deck(I'm 16 so I don't currently have my own) . Its nice at some of the places but one client has a crabby neighbor and wont let me move a 12" wooden stake out of the way to get my lawn mower to customers back gate, so I have to use a push mower on the whole backyard which takes anywhere from 30mins to an hour depending on how tall it is. So I was thinking about getting a 48" zero turn or stand-on/walk behind. I would probably go with a Scag, John Deere, or Toro. What would be my best option.

MikeyVedia

LawnSite Member
Hey all, I'm looking for some tips for my first year in having a lawn care business. I currently have 4 clients and I am looking to expand that. I have created a Google Business page and a Facebook page. I have also posted in the local buy/sell/trade groups in hope for possible customers. With all that being said I have gotten absolutely no response. I was wandering what everyone else did that helped them the most.
I also am thinking about getting my own lawn mower in the future. I currently use my dads lawn mower which is a John Deere X485 with a 62" deck(I'm 16 so I don't currently have my own) . Its nice at some of the places but one client has a crabby neighbor and wont let me move a 12" wooden stake out of the way to get my lawn mower to customers back gate, so I have to use a push mower on the whole backyard which takes anywhere from 30mins to an hour depending on how tall it is. So I was thinking about getting a 48" zero turn or stand-on/walk behind. I would probably go with a Scag, John Deere, or Toro.

Top Forums