Lawn Care Forum banner

Starting fun project this week

7K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  enorl76 
#1 ·
If the weather cooperates we will begin work on this project. It is a large horse jumping arena. We will be looping the arena with 4" fed with 6" from a 40 hp submersible. There will be 6 "hydrants" that will have a 3" solenoid valve controlling it that they will connect the Nelson big gun sprinklers to that will be mounted on carts that they can move around.

This is similar to what will be built.

See less See more
#27 ·
The original system is conventional, but it is a mess. They have multi strad run all over, splices that no one remembers where they are, main line and wire buried under 8' berms. So I thought that 2 wire was they way to go, even though I am only installing 6 zones (sprinklers) given the size of the property expansion is likely.
What'd you decide to use for the controller?
Posted via Mobile Device

#30 ·
We are going with the hunter dual because the manager and the grounds crew are all familiar with the hunter clocks. They already have two I cores on the site so there will be no learning curve.
The DUAL is a great controller, price is right and we often get asked "why are you using 2-wire for only 10 zones" LOL

Your work looks top notch and it is refreshing to see. Good job!

#32 ·
I would be REALLY concerned about liability regarding the backfilling and compaction. If an injury occurs to a horse and/or rider due to and uncompacted trench, it's your posterior.
How so? GM painted the location and placed the pipe. If he's not onsite to make any contributions to the actual work his liability should be very small. Actually non existent except for the tort laws we have in this country.
Posted via Mobile Device

#33 ·
How so? GM painted the location and placed the pipe. If he's not onsite to make any contributions to the actual work his liability should be very small. Actually non existent except for the tort laws we have in this country.
Posted via Mobile Device
Didn't see the part in the previous post where the owners rep had backfilled it. Damn reading comprehension!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.