• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

starting in irrigation

JTS Landscaping lawn

LawnSite Senior Member
i was thinking about getting into irrigation and was wondering if it is really a profitable income. also what kinds of things do i need to get started. also how do you get your accounts. thought that i would give it a try i had to turn down a couple accounts this year cause didnt have the equipment and stuff to do it. also how much do you charge

Broker

LawnSite Senior Member
JTS Landscaping lawn said:
i was thinking about getting into irrigation and was wondering if it is really a profitable income. also what kinds of things do i need to get started. also how do you get your accounts. thought that i would give it a try i had to turn down a couple accounts this year cause didnt have the equipment and stuff to do it. also how much do you charge

Is it profitable??? Depends on how much you charge... What kind of things do you need??? Not much in comparison to other businesses, atleast the proper tools and atleast a year on installations (50+) and a year of being a service tech would be good, you can always rent machines when needed and take your design classes during the off season. How to get accounts??? Advertise, when you started your LCO how did you get accounts??? How much do you charge?? As much as you can. lol.