starting new in jones and craven county nc

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grassrootsnc, Jul 5, 2010.

  1. grassrootsnc

    grassrootsnc LawnSite Member
    Messages: 21

    well Im starting a lawn care business. I will be located out of Jones county (Trenton). my question is this...... I want to do this legit as my wife is looking at being a CPA, what do i need to do as far as business licenses for doing business in Craven county and Jones county? I have business insurance and have submitted an assumed name form with Jones county. I also have a federal EIN with the business name. what else do i need? I am wanting to do a sole proprietorship until i get the business off the ground then we will look into changing over to incorporated. any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Mike Clark
  2. Manicured

    Manicured LawnSite Member
    Messages: 18

    Welcome Mike,

    I think that you are starting in the right direction. Go ahead and start the process for getting your spray license. I started as a sole proprietor for the first six years until my estimated taxes were killing me. Then I became a small corporation. If you need any advice please feel free to call my business number 336-940-2500. I have been in business for 12 years and I will help you in any way.
  3. grassrootsnc

    grassrootsnc LawnSite Member
    Messages: 21

    thank you very much sir.

Share This Page