Starting out.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mylucky24, Jan 22, 2006.

  1. mylucky24

    mylucky24 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 15

    I am going to start out cutting grass... i have thought about buying a new 48" z and then buying a 44 or 36" walkbehind. Should i just buy a 44" z and see how the first season goes and see if i need to "upgrade" If i get the 44" i will still be able to fit through 48" gates and that is what i have at home, so i see that lawncare is not for me i still can use the Z for my own use.
  2. out4now

    out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ
    Messages: 1,796

    Depending on what brand of maower you buy and if you're buying used or not you could install a flex-deck and that would take your 36 walk behind and turn it into a 54 that will still fit through a small gate.
  3. slebeau20

    slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA
    Messages: 103

    Most of the gates you'll run into are going to be about 40" wide. Your 44" will not fit. My equipment are 36", 48" and 60" their widths work great for my set up. I use the 36" on all gated properties, unless I get lucky and someone puts in a double gate.

Share This Page