Starting out

Sherlin Lawncare

LawnSite Member
Just a quick word of advice for someone new here... your not going to get much help with a question like that. You gave absolutely zero information for anyone to give you any kind of answer. There are many types of application methods, a wide range of product costs, different size application areas, different company overhead cost, and on and on. You can’t walk into your mechanics shop and ask how much to fix my car? First there has to be a diagnosis, price the parts, calculate the labor and overhead and then you get a price.

kemco

LawnSite Gold Member
IMO best way to do it is a set "stop" or arrival charge, then a price per sq ft of turf. Give the customer the full price don't break it out with a stop charge, just use it as a calculation method of coming up with a price.

Example with completely made up #s. Every lawn app has a $75 stop charge. Then we charge $5 per sq ft of turf we spray. 3000 sq ft lawn would run $90. ($75 stop plus $5 x 3) we would tell the customer the charge per round is $90. Not our numbers and yours will be different as well. Just an exaggerated example.

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
$40-60 for a 3000sqft lawn here if you don’t have a license, around 150% or $65-90 if you do have a license. I don’t do applications because there is too much competition, all the unlicensed guys undercut the licensed guys and most customers don’t even care just want the cheaper guy it seems like

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
It would be nice if people around here respected the law. Especially on the missouri side, I would say 75% or more of the people spraying don’t have a license

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
The stop charge covers the cost of your overhead and travel to the site--for instance $25.(Rent, insurance, truck payment...)
Then about $2.60 for each 1000 sqft. This assumes a labor cost of a dollar per thousand sqft, and average chemicals cost of $1.60.
The labor cost includes the cost of the machine time--which is the cost or payments on the equipment so that you can repair, gas it, and replace the equipment when it wears out.

OP
T

Tommy L Wall

LawnSite Member
The stop charge covers the cost of your overhead and travel to the site--for instance $25.(Rent, insurance, truck payment...)
Then about $2.60 for each 1000 sqft. This assumes a labor cost of a dollar per thousand sqft, and average chemicals cost of $1.60.
The labor cost includes the cost of the machine time--which is the cost or payments on the equipment so that you can repair, gas it, and replace the equipment when it wears out.
Thx
I appreciate that.