Starting The Maintenance Route In MICHIGAN

motox391

LawnSite Member
Hey guys when are youplanning on starting your lawn maintenance route? Here in macomb county the grass is allready strating to green up.

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
I'll be getting clean-ups and dethatching jobs done around April 1st. I'll see how the weather is lookin by then and if it continues to stay warm I will probably be onto weekly mowing by the week of April 16-ish.

OP
M

motox391

LawnSite Member
Yea that sounds about accurate to what we are planning also. I cant believe this season so far..Last year this time we were dealing with the snow and then the rain..I dont remember us starting to cut until May

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I've already done a few clean-ups. we did a big one Sunday. Already rolled, plugged, and fertilized my own property. I'm lovin' it. It is supposed to cool back down to more realistic temps next week, but we'll see. If it keeps up anywhere near how things are right now, I'll start mowing by the 1st of April.:)

andyman5001

LawnSite Member
I'm in northern Ohio and have been doing clean-ups and mulching for two weeks now.

I am loading up my mowers tonight because of so many requests for early mows. Most of these people are still under contract for snow removal. I guess that's what low to mid eighty's will do!

I'm sure you guys in Michigan aren't to far behind.
Posted via Mobile Device

Waddle

LawnSite Member
I started clean ups this week and have been crazy busy. I'm booked solid thru April for landscaping. I've also already started thatching and rolling lawns. I plan on starting cutting next week. Im loving the fact my phone doesn't quit ringing!

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
I will start my mowing route April 2...lawns are very green and growth is taking off like crazy! This is going to be a long and profitable season!

Mowerboy04

LawnSite Bronze Member
i started clean ups this last monday, going to be mulching next week and mowing the 1st or 2nd week in april.