1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Starting to cut On Monday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpp, Apr 3, 2005.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Who all is going out to start cutting on Monday? Monday is d-day for me. Just thought I would see who all was starting up.Btw I already have been doing spring cleanups.

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Must be nice havnt even really started clean ups yet ... hoping to get some in later this week if it drys out

3. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

We've been cutting for two weeks

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

This will be our 3rd week cutting... we have also been extremely busy with pinestraw/mulch this season. I have hired 2 more full-time and one part-time since February.

5. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

This i sthe funny thing about lawncare, when I was cutting I worked year round. Nov. - Feb. was every 2 weeks, the rest of the year was every week. When I relocated it may have stopped in Sept. or Oct. started in April.

The one thing I loved about the warm climate is I always had worrk, if you are in a place with snow and you have contracts you always wish for snow. If you dont get it then you are screwed! I wish I still lived in the sunny town!!

6. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Been doing cleanups and landscape installs for 3 weeks. Just getting over being sore after a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg winter. Start regular mows later this week. Busy, busy busy. payup

7. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

PROCUTSLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Thought we were going to start cutting last week, I thatched a yard and bagged it with the walkbehind and then BAM, foot of snow today. I hope it melts cause im getting the itch to fire up the Z!!

8. ToroLover

ToroLover LawnSite Member

We did spring cleanups last week, and will start cutting this week.

9. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

Starting TOMORROW!!!! YAY

10. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

Starting spring clean-ups and mulch jobs this week. Hopefully cutting by next week! :blob3: payup