• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Starting to offer mulch. Is $90 yd. installed ok?

Mygrassisgreen

LawnSite Member
Ok guys, I am going to start offering mulch installation for our lawn mowing customers this season. I can get the mulch for $58.50 yd. I was just wondering if $90 yd. installed will give me enough margin to make some money, or will I need to go higher? I believe I can install around 2 yards an hour if I am moving pretty good. I don’t want to go too high and not land a single job. Thanks!

Mygrassisgreen

LawnSite Member
I think its hard to do a per yard price. Factors are always different. Time and materials is our preferred way. That way we are not always trying to hit a number or cut corners. Just do good work and it works out. But yeah that mulch price is way to high $45./yrd plus delivery +labor is how I bill.

Gatto

LawnSite Member
Also, buy a bedding fork or a mulch shovel (not the manure shovel the number of tines are different). You fill the wheel barrow in less time with these tools

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
I'm paying 50 a yard for some customers who want the mulch from the high end place. I can get double ground died mulch from our local facility for 25/yd but like i said, some customers want to keep what they are getting and our local rip off supplier knows it.