1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Starting to Pull in Some Real Money, Finally!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, Jul 7, 2007.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I have been going at the lawn and landscape maintenance business for a few months now. I am finally in the black. I have gotten a few larger landscape update jobs so that I am now making money and needing help to complete the jobs. I also have a couple of quotes that I need to deliver next week and I should get one of them. I hope that at least some of you new guys are in the same boat I am and finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Good for you, I have turned into a postive cash flo myself in jsut a few short months, I spent a little over 10,000 and with in 2.5 months I had that back.

I was really surprised at some guys saying there having a hard time with it.

Of corse it depends on where you live, how you advertise and such.

3. Novaowner

Novaowner LawnSite Member

I've been at this since March this year. I started going into the black a month ago. I worked part time for the first 2 1/2 months but now have gone full time....it was a scary step so early and I left a good paying job to work on my own and I like it so far.

4. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Keep your head on straight and don't get money eyes or it will be gone before you know it!

5. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

Congrates. I was going in that direction but in Western New York we have been in a drout. I lost over $500.00 last month due to grass not growing and have lost over $300.00 already this month. Hope we get the rain they are calling for this week.

6. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats!

Now is the time to put the old "pedal to the metal".

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I went full-time this year. Have had a substantial amount of business, even with the drought. I hired 1 guy and that helped keep things easier. That guy recently quit, but I am able to keep things going by myself......even though I had doubts. But I actually kind of like it by myself, more money for the biz. I have a young guy that will work when I need extra help. I keep getting busier and busier by the day. Thank the Lord. It is hard at times and scary too. But I just keep going and everything is working out better than I expected. I am about at the point to stop taking on new customers for this year. I'm making good money and the book keeping is starting to become a pita with all the customers. (Maybe it is time to upgrade software). As of right now, life is good.

8. flying_a

flying_a LawnSite Member

Thats great to hear man, This is my first month and I have 5 residential lawns and am only in the hole $4000. I would like to have more but patience is a virtue.

-Frank

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

nice web site looks like a winner!!:)

10. Chris "Greenville"

Chris "Greenville" LawnSite Member

I just started last month. I'm about $4000 down right know also. But, With only about 90 flyers sent out I got my first call this past Saturday. First customer on the schedule for this coming Friday. I passed out another 100 flyers today and I'm staring at the phone! Chris