**Starting up a side hustle business?**

OP
M

Mike1Bravo

LawnSite Member
Perhaps we need to get clarification on what the original poster means by side Hustle
I have a career, mon-fri. However, due to the increased liability aspect of my career, I am looking for other avenues, as means to feed my family.

I’m well-versed when it comes to the timing of applications, the amount needed, etc.

My questions are more or so geared for the logistical side of things, such as what the going rate ($$$) is for fertilizing, aerating, fungicides, pre and post emergent, etc, as well as licensing aspect.

Last edited:

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
My buddy runs a full service landscaping company. He works his ft job mon-fri 7-3 mows after work every day. He has other guys working for him while he’s at work. Then Saturdays he puts together a big crew and knocks out mulch jobs. He’s been really successful. But he works like crazy.
Edit, he doesn’t offer chemical apps.

OP
M

Mike1Bravo

LawnSite Member
He’s a gent, it’s just a lot of characters come through here thinking it’s a game. 99% of the regularly active members are interested in helping and he’s one of them.
Understood. I can assure you, this is no game. As I’m sure is the case for most of all on here, my family’s well-being is number 1. I’ll work 70 hours a week, if need be.

I was told great things regarding this site, that there are a lot of experts here who would have the answers to my questions, and I’m simply here to be a sponge. I appreciate all everyone has to offer.

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Go to the 'fertilize and pesticide section' and learn there

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
Understood. I can assure you, this is no game. As I’m sure is the case for most of all on here, my family’s well-being is number 1. I’ll work 70 hours a week, if need be.

I was told great things regarding this site, that there are a lot of experts here who would have the answers to my questions, and I’m simply here to be a sponge. I appreciate all everyone has to offer.
This forum has turbocharged my business helping me choose the right equipment and ways to operate my business.

OakNut

LawnSite Fanatic
Seems to me the big name fert and squirt companies are pretty much a large volume side hustle.
They don't seem to do much for client's lawns - or care about it.
"SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
Seems to me the big name fert and squirt companies are pretty much a large volume side hustle.
They don't seem to do much for client's lawns - or care about it.
"SHOW ME THE MONEY!"
I’m gonna push back on this a little bit. It really depends on the company. We’ve got a very large local company that does 1000s of lawns. But they really do a fantastic job. But true green is another story.:puke:

Top Forums