1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Starting up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cobraggie, Jul 27, 2001.

1. cobraggie

cobraggie LawnSite Member

I'm starting a business in August at school and I have developed a program just recently that shows me what my expenses and revenues are at different variables. I would like my expenses to obviously be as minimal as possible. I plan on hiring at least two workers. They would most likely be college students so I couldn't get away w/ $6/hr. I was thinking about paying $8-$9/hr. Any advice?
    Also, I have a 21" honda comm. but that isn't enough. Should I upgrade to a 32" metro. I need a commercial that can fit into backyards. Thanx:D

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Use the "Search" feature at the top of the page for some q&a

3. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Search. This exact question has come up 3-4 times this week alone. Search.

4. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

If you are starting up in August, what are you paying these guys with? You haven't made any money yet. I think that most of us here have started out solo, and worked to a point where we needed to hire someone to keep up with our growth. Don't want to discourage you, just think maybe the cart is getting a little ahead of the horse.
    Take care, Bill Craig:cool: