1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

    Dismiss Notice

State of Mich, Cert

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NIXRAY, Aug 11, 2007.


    NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 520

    Hey guys how would one obtain a state cert. license (Michigan)??
    Any help would be great!
  2. delphied

    delphied LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,067

    If you are talking pesticides, Michigan coperative extension office. Must work for someone as an applicator for 2 or 3 years before you can licanse your business to apply or have a certificate holder with 3 years experience in your employ.
  3. Runner

    Runner LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 13,497

    Anyone can get certified here in the state of Michigan. It is just a matter of getting your study books (Core and whatever categories you are going to test for), and taking the tests on the scheduled days. Now, for licensing, it is a whole different thing. As stated above, you have to have either a 4 year (Bachelor) degree in some agricultural related field AND 1 year certified working experience, or you need 2 years certified working experience with a licensed company. A license is what is required to apply as a company. It is possible to hire a full time licensed applicator to your company to obtain a license as well,...but they have to be a fully licensed applicator, not a certified technician. Even if a tech has 8 years experience, it won't fly. They have to have that class of license.

Share This Page