1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

state official sampled my fertilizer last yr.

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ant, Jan 29, 2006.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

last yr. after i received my delivery of fert. i noticed that there were bags with holes that were taped up... the tape said sampled by the n.j. dept. of agriculture .. no bid deal...
    well yesterday i received a note from the state that the fertilizer that was sampled was found to be deficient in one of more of it's primary plant nutrients:nono: :nono: :nono: .
    not a good thing imo
    the state fined the fert. company and also they are required to pay me an penalty also:blush:

deficient in Nitrogen and APA by 3.96 and 2.61
    so the total N was off by almost 4% not good.

you guys ever came across this?
    ant

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

no not yet who was the fert from

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I would like to know who it was from too. I have never had anything like that, I have come accross a lot of lite 50# bags though.:nono:

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

before the cat gets out of the bag,lets kick this discussion topic around some..

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

whats to kick the bag was short who's name was on it?

6. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

I believe our state dept of ag puts out a booklet every yr of all the times companies are off on the bag percentages. It was a lot thicker than I would have thought.