1. HAPPENING NOW: Ask the Expert
    Click over to the Fertilizer Application forum for a live Q&A on fertilization strategies with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental.

    Dismiss Notice

state tax fuel rebate ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Majestic, Feb 28, 2001.

  1. Majestic

    Majestic LawnSite Member
    Messages: 42

    Does anyone know how you can get the credit or rebate for the portion of state tax paid for fuel that was used in off road machines in Pa?
  2. Chopper Lover

    Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 288

    Questions regarding refunds should be addressed to the Bureau of Motor Fuel Taxes at (717) 783-2518.

    Good Luck!
  3. MOW ED

    MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,028

    I checked with my accountant and the only break I can get is on diesel fuel.

    I guess I'll have to change motors.
  4. Majestic

    Majestic LawnSite Member
    Messages: 42

    My accountant found it on the federal level for a tax credit but not on the state level.Thank for the phone number on bureau of motor fuel taxes ,I will call on monday and will post the result.

    OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 555

    form 4136,gets you credit on federal taxes for use in offroad.....all gasses.....reg,deisel,aviation,etc

    it is roughly 18 cents on the dollar credit ....it actually will need to be reported as income for the following year (cpa will help you with this)....definately worth the extra work to tabulate the offroad uses

  6. Majestic

    Majestic LawnSite Member
    Messages: 42

    Called the Bureau of Motor Fuel Taxes yesterday in Pa.You can not take a credit for state taxes only for federal.Yeah youre right on the diesel fuel,the off road for state tax is deductible for it but not for gasoline on the state level

Share This Page