Stay Away from LawnProSoftware!!!!!

KellyLandscapeLLC

LawnSite Member
First and foremost, it's rare that I post a negative review for any business online as I know the consequences that proceed for said business'. In saying that, I'm sharing my experience with you to save you the hassle that our company just experienced;

My office manager approached our owners with an idea to use an online platform to track our fertilization customers. Ownership agreed and asked for two separate options. Our manager proceeded and presented us with LawnProSoftware and Yardbook. she showed us a screenshot saying LawnProSoftware syncs with QuickBooks for $15 PER MONTH (see below for screenshot)… Great, we went with LawnProSoftware and asked our manager to order everything (including a $249 once time charge) and give it a shot. Come to find out, LawnProSoftware only syncs with QuickBooks online. Upon this finding, our office manager got on the horn and called the company, but the company would only TEXT her back. We asked to cancel the reoccurring QuickBooks charge, as we explained to them our issue and they complied (or so they said). The representative of the company was texting us saying I can't believe they even sell Quickbooks for desktop anymore. He proceeded and offered us a Quickbooks sync for free, for a year, after an attempt at persuasion in telling us to transfer the desktop version to the online version couldn't be that hard. He went on to tell us how 1 in 10 Quickbooks users use the desktop version. At this point, ownership stepped in stating we needed a refund as the words on the website are misleading and deceitful. We attempted to call the company, but failed. So we proceeded with TEXTING this representative as if we were teenagers; we received a hard no via TEXT stating no refunds were given per their policy. The deceitfulness followed by the texting prompted us to check our credit card statement. To no surprise, our credit card was charged the one time $15 monthly fee, multiple times in addition to the $249 one time fee. We asked for a refund multiple times via text given him the chance to own up to a mistake. We finally threated going online and sharing our experience to the landscaping community; he then proceeded to threaten us with legal action for doing so.

Deceitful claims were our experience followed by fraudulent charges; they wouldn't answer our phone calls and would only respond via text message. Save your time and your money!

If a Lawnsite administrator needs visual proof, we can provide this via snapshots of our texting thread. Hopefully we save the community some time and aggravation.

IMG_1817.jpg

tonygreek

LawnSite Platinum Member
In saying that, I'm sharing my experience with you to save you the hassle that our company just experienced;
First, you're in no way alone. Sadly, many of the old Lawnsite threads that detail this have long since been removed. I can tell you that you're quite likely texting with the owner and not a "representative".

https://www.lawnsite.com/threads/lawn-pro-software.422511/

You should absolutely share your experience on their BBB page. "Mysteriously", their track record has mostly disappeared from there, too.

If I can give a word of advice for software shopping in 2018, it's this: If you see a fixed price, "lifetime" fee, take that as a warning that you're probably not going to have a good experience.

There is little to no incentive to provide more than you already paid for and I can't think of any well-regarded companies (or "companies") that use a fixed price model.

We live in a subscription model world, and have for some time. While everyone may not like it, it does provide some level of assurance of continued development, updates, uptime, and customer support responsiveness.

OP
K

KellyLandscapeLLC

LawnSite Member
Tony, our assumption was that he was the owner, but who knows. It was the first time in my life that I wished machine automation would prompt me 78267367367 ways in some sort of direction, vice texting.

The BBB is a scam in my opinion. Companies pay them to have their negative reviews removed; It's no surprise that the reviews disappeared.

The advice is noted and your point is valid; however, we've had an incredible ROI on one time purchases such as Pro Landscape Design Software. We've heard horror stories on certain subscription models such as Quickbooks online that have altered our opinions in heading that direction. In saying that, I'm always willing to evolve. What are your preffered subscription models for the industry? Specifically, Turf Management (not mowing) and Landscape Design.

windmillservices

LawnSite Member
I purchased the lawn pro software it is a good program but the customer service is horrible what kind of business only replies by text. We were having a problem tried calling never a answer tried email never replied. The owner only reply’s to text. I had already purchased the program so I kept it. I would not recommend it because of the customer service is horrible. I guess I should text this to the owner it is the way he would read it.

Oxmow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hey Sandy, did you ever land on a software?

Oxmow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Ok, if you still wanna chat about SAP let me know!

ikemike.k

LawnSite Member
I would have to agree with the part about staying away from this company. For accepting credit card payments, you pay 3% to Stripe for transaction fees (which is industry standard) HOWEVER, you also pay about 2% to LawnPro itself for every payment received. This is ridiculous, and is nowhere disclosed – I only discovered this through careful monitoring of my Stripe account.