Steel Green customer svc is AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Spraytek, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Spraytek

Spraytek LawnSite Member

Just wanted to share my experience with Steel Green. Since late January, I’ve been waiting on my Toro dealer to get a spread pattern adjust cable for my Z Spray. Unfortunately, when Toro bought Z Spray, they failed to realize that the Zs that are already in use would need spare parts. Anyway, when I tried to order the part, I was told I would have it by late February. As you all know that was unacceptable, but since I had no other option, I had to manage. This wknd a friend suggested I call Steel Green to see if they had the part. Well, they did. And not only did they have my cable, they had several other parts that I wanted to replace on the machine. They are shipping everything TODAY, so I should have everything by midweek. I’m so glad they realized the need for Z Spray replacement parts. I just wanted everyone to know if they need spare/replacement parts for their Z, they can depend on Steel Green to take care of you.

Doc8406, dwc, Big and Tall and 2 others like this.
  2. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

So how do they have spare parts for Z’s if they didn’t take anything with them when they left...and...started new from scratch???

Don’t get me wrong...I’m not judging...I have a Z as wellThumbs Up

3. OP
    OP
    Spraytek

Spraytek LawnSite Member

It’s a cable. I’m pretty sure it’s not patented. And the other spare parts aren’t specific to Z Spray, but the local mower parts people look at me like I’m from Mars when I tell them what type of “mower” I have...Even the Toro dealer. When I say it’s like a zero turn sprayer, they say “sorry, can’t help you,” so I don’t mind spending my money with someone who’s willing to help

hort101 and tdoeizreal like this.
  4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

Most all the parts are not specific to the ZSpray's, with the exception of the frame parts. They are parts any person or company can buy. For instance; Teejet, Spyker, the Hydraulics & etc.

BTW, I ordered parts for my Z and they arrived today, ordered Thursday

hort101 likes this.
  5. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

Correct. I order around dealers for parts all the time and save big$$. Just got a new starter for my exmark for half price what my dealer wanted.

6. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

Exmark's dealer markup on a lot of OEM parts is damn near criminal.

They decided our ride on needed a new voltage regulator last year (probably didn't). We were billed over $300 for it. Just the part, we paid installation labor as well.

Every Subaru dealer that sold them online has them at $140 retail.

7. brettah

brettah LawnSite Member

I plan on buying either a z spray or steel green within the next couple of weeks. I have been doing alittle research on both of them and am not seeing much of a difference. Any recommendations on which to get?

8. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

Steel green

brettah likes this.
  9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

Steel Green and here's why.
    The Z was considered by many to be the industry leader. SG people who originally developed the Z had a clean sheet of paper to improve the original Z, so they did.

For instance:
    Better parking brake. More powerful engine. Standard high output charging. Plus many small subtle things that make a difference in the daily use of the machine. Check out their website.

And maybe the biggest reason is with SG you'll be dealing with a small more service oriented company. With Toro you'll be dealing with a large corporation.

brettah and AnotherOkie like this.