Step us through the process

Discussion in 'Frog Lights' started by LonniesLawns, May 9, 2005.

1. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

2. yz250fpilot

3. theyardstop

theyardstop LawnSite Member

Thanks for your imput NOEL..

That home will be awsome at night.. !!

Mark

4. Frog Lights  LLC

Frog Lights LLC LawnSite Member

I assume you want the entire property. I will work on this, indicate what to put where , how to do it and the price. Noel

5. yz250fpilot

Noel,

I meant to get a picture of it last night, but did not. If you notice, there are lights on the stone columns. These 6 lights have three 25 watt bulbs in each of them. They seem to do a good job of lighting the walkway and do shed some light on the home. Let me know if you need a picture of it in the evening if you think this would make a difference in your layout/design. By the way, I like the idea of lighting the eaves on the peaks of the roof. I think that would look very good. There is also a small bed in the front with a satellite dish and a very large boulder in it (there is a glimpse of it in one picture). The will be a japanese maple placed in that bed in front of the satellite dish (if you feel that area is one that would need attention). I did not get the chance to take any measurements for the wall areas/wire runs. Is this info imperative at this point in time? Or, after you come up with a light placement, I will be more than happy to measure all the distances you specify. This home is in a neighborhood of 400k - 1M dollar homes and I am really surprised that very little landscape lighting has been done in the neighborhood. The are a couple houses with 4-6 lights, but that is it. If this ends up looking spectacular, which I think it will, it's going to generate a TON of business!

Steve

6. yz250fpilot

Also, if you need anymore pictures to clarify anything, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Steve

7. Frog Lights  LLC

I will work on this as soon as possible. I just got in from a business trip overseas. Noel

8. yz250fpilot

Noel,

Have you had any luck in coming up with something for the house In the pictures, or were you needing some additional information. I am looking forward to getting this accomplished and seeing what kind of results I get.

Thanks,
    Steve

9. Frog Lights  LLC

Thank you for the additional photos ! This is our busy season and it might take a little while to get back to you sorry. We also have an installation division that is installing 4- 6 lighting jobs a week. The average job is $3000 ! Please consider adding lighting to the services that you guys offer. It is very easy to do an money maker !
    For the fron upper bed place spreader lights (like my N-1) around the outside of the bed every 3.5 to 4 feet. Place a spot light like my SH1 on the two small trees in that bed. I would also use model N 4 or N 5 behind the last row of plants facing the brick. These spreaders are inexpensive and use incandescent bulbs that will silhouette
    the plants with a warm glow. space them every 4 feet.
    Use this same configuation for all of the beds and they will look great.
    Make sure that at the last bulb on each circuit that the voltage is not less that 10.5 volts. Attached is a picture of how to connect the wires using a spider connection. In this case use 10/2 wire and do not use more than 240 watts total per circuit. I would try to use 20 watt bulbs.
    Take a look at our P3 or P4 path lights I think they would look great along the side walks.
    Depending on how much the homeowner wants you will have to match the transformer accordingly. It may be necessay to use two transformers.
    Pricing... I assume you have calculated your total hourly rate to include profit. We are offering special prices for our lawn site members of 20 percent off wholesale contractor prices on our website and free shipping except wire and transformers. Therefore, a spotlight that costs you $20 from us (since we sell very cheaply) you could sell for $50 or $60 installed. Remember, the installed price you quote must cover the wire , transformer, wire nuts, labor, overhead and most important your profit. If you call me I will be happy to help you with this project further. The scope is too large to cover completely in this format.
    Selling this is a homerun and a springboard to get more business. Please let me know if I can help you further.

frog2.jpg