1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Steps and Deck Lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by ChampionLS, May 8, 2007.

1. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres a few pictures of Evening Star Accent Lighting installed into a deck and steps. The Lamp Modules are shown in our popular Sesame color.
    :drinkup:

www.eveningstarlighting.com

ES_decklight.jpg

ES_decklight1.jpg

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

eeeek... send a night photo. I preffer the louvered step lights or deck lights mounted on raining. I did see a project where somone installed something like a 10w reccessed mr 16 into a deck tho. I think it was a focus fixture. Shined straight up into your eyes. Did look ok in some corners on some potted palms tho.

3. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Billy,

These photos were sent to our NY office via. Email, then forwarded to me in NJ. I'll see if I can back track and ask for a night shot. Remember, these are only 4 watts, so even if you look directly at the light, they are not going to blind you. 10 Watts, or a MR16 is like looking at a locomotive headlight at night!

Yesterday, I assisted a contractor on a deck light install. 26 lights installed in 3 hours, 15 minutes. They charged $95 per light, which also included the transformer and wiring. Total profit was $1,745.00. Two laborers, one at $12 and the other at $15 ($87.75) for a total net profit of $1,657.55. They were finished before lunch. Night photos to follow soon as all the planter boxes and hanging baskets are filled with flowers for the visual.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: profits and contractor pricing should NOT be discussed in public. Its bad business.