1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Stick adjustments?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by KTNC, Jun 25, 2006.

1. KTNC

KTNC LawnSite Member

I'm a big guy, 6'4", 235, and I sat on a couple of new Super Z's the other day... Boy I was surprised that I could barely engage the controls all the way forward, as they were hung up on my leg... It also looked like they were adjusted all the way up too?

I have plenty of room on my Lazer... Anyone else notice this?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is adjustment to them, I would make sure they are adjusted all the way up.
    There also is a extension kit that can be installed if needed.

Pj

3. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

if the seat was not adjusted to it's furthest back position that could be contributing to the problem. IE: YOur just way too close to the control arms.

4. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

The seat was back all the way right? :)

I'm 6'1" and I don't have any troubles. Looks to me that you could drill another set of holes and move the seat back a tad farther in mine too. However, as PJ said...maybe the extensions are an easy answer.

gps-jetskier

5. Nelson Lawns

Nelson Lawns LawnSite Member

I'm 6'4", 320lbs.. I have plenty of room on my Super mini z. The regular z has less leg room than the mini, thats why i got a mini over the full size.