• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Stick edger that REALLY stands out...

allstar

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a couple of JD stick edgers,and for the most part, have been pretty happy with them.I find them to be a little hard to crank,though.When doing a search I didn't really notice one brand really being touted over all the others.Has anyone tried a number of different brands over the years and found one to be clearly superior?Thanks.

stihlajohndeere

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by BW4486
STIHL FS85 Its the best ive tried
I think you mean the FC85 and it is superior to others unless you go up to about 31cc. Then the Echo unit kicks but.

65hoss

LawnSite Fanatic
The FC85's are great. The edger design on them are much better. They don't clog up to the point it will actually stop the blade. They now have the FC110 with the new 4 mix motor. Its a torque hog so it will really do some edging.

OP
A

allstar

LawnSite Senior Member
The distance from the wheel to the blade seems to be alot greater than on the JD.Does that make it easier to cut with or line up?I'm talking about that Stihl edger.

Tvov

LawnSite Bronze Member
We just use Echos with attachments. Work fine for us. We don't do a whole lot of edging, so buying dedicated equipment didn't seem worth it.