1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

stick edgers on the soft edge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard, Apr 6, 2000.

1. richard

richard Banned

thinking about a stick edger how are they on the soft edge? throw rocks? wear blades? brands?

2. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i wouldnt know what to do without mine a blade will last you a week(resintial)if you flip it over during the week and 1-2 days commercial but its only 1.00 a blade as far as rocks go after you edge a place the edge stays pretty clear i have 1 property the has a rock garden so i edge with round-up if you get 1 get a shindaiwa<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

3. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Why Shindaiwa?

4. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i have found them to be the longest running and easiest to start im sure the majority of people on this forum would agree, do a search on &quot;edg&quot; and you will find there has been alot of discussion on this topic or try &quot;shin&quot; <p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida<br>

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I haven't used them all, but out of the Echo's, Stihl, Maruyama's and Shindaiwa's I have owned, I like the Shindaiwa.