stihl 028

OP
D

ducky1

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks for the info, It is electronic and I am sure that is the problem. When saw gets hot, it will die untill it cools down. No ign fire untill it gets cool.
ducky

FIXDISS

LawnSite Senior Member
Check with dealer. I believe the ignition modules on Stihl are supposed to warranted for life.

FIXDISS

LawnSite Senior Member
My bad. 2 years parts and labor on module for original consumer . 5 years on module only.

rotti1968

LawnSite Member
My bad. 2 years parts and labor on module for original consumer . 5 years on module only.

That is the ignition warranty for units purchased after march 2003. There are 2 other warranties that apply to them before that date. there is a lifetime warranty that covers parts and labor and there is a limited lifetime that only covers parts after the normal warranty expires. I don't have the date ranges here at home. But as was pointed out its for the original purchaser the unit must be registered and or proof of purchase must be supplied.

epicklein22

LawnSite Member
Does anybody know the part number for a electronic coil for a stihl 028 av chainsaw?
ducky

If that is the correct part number, those coils are a dime a dozen because many models use it. Anywhere from an 024 to a ms660 and all in between. Check ebay for a used one before dropping a stupid amount at the dealer. I probably have 10 of them laying around.

Top Forums