1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl 550 blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by billyneely, Apr 12, 2005.

1. billyneely

billyneely LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Stihl BR 550 blower, I have a Stihl BR 400 now. My question is, where can I find a rack to hold the new blower. The rack for the BR 400 want fit the new BR 550. In the past I have always purchased all my racks from trimmertrap.com need help please.

Billy Neely
    Natchez, Ms. 39120

2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Sorry I can't answer your question, But I have one for you....Do you like the blower?

3. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

I just bought a BR-550 last week. I was hoping to get a RedMax 8001 but NO ONE in my area carries RedMax. I have to tell you I am very happy with it. It is way stronger and more comfortable than the 340 & 420's I've used and much quieter. (not as quiet as the BR-500)
    This is the 3rd piece of 4mix equipment I've purchased and I am sold on the new technology. I have had zero problems with any of them. :)

Mike

4. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

I wouldn't take a 4 mix if you gave it to me! Adjust the valves every 100 hours or so?? I think not!

I am staying with the quality 2 cycle euqipment as they are lighter with way less maintenance and use less gas.

The RedMax 8000 and the Echo PB-651 out blow the BR 550 by a long shot!

5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You sound just like....Legacy. Is that you Legacy? Still trying to sell Redmax and Echo?

Don't worry... I don't think anyone will be giving you a 4-mix.

Oh...BTW. You need to check the spelling on your user name. Spirit lanwcare?

6. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

Who or what the f*** is Legacy? What have you been drinking/smoking?

For your information (not that it's any of your business) I have used Stihl products for years. (BR-400/420C, FS-85, FC-85 etc.)

I just don't like the new 4 mix stuff. I'm sorry that I don't have the same views/opinions as you! My bad.

7. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

How much did you pay for yours?

8. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

buy a redmax 8000 blower and use stihl trimmers

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Do they have alot more power than the 420? I have seen them for $399.

10. Updog

Updog LawnSite Member

would it be breaking a pattent law if you had someone machine a rack for you. It doesn't look like it would be that difficult.