1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl and Echo Pro Attachment Series...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stephen424, Jun 12, 2009.

1. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

For those that use these, is trimming hedges and bushes fairly easy? Or would I come off better just buying a separate hedge trimmer.

Is controlling it harder with the extra length?

Any advice is appreciated

2. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

The articulating hedge trimmer certainly has advantages, especially when trimming higher up hedges. The strain on the back is the worst side-effect!

3. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

bump bump bump

4. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

If you're shearing a 12' laurel hedge, Echo's handheld hedge trimmers will seem an ill fit, likewise, if you're trimming dwarf boxwood, the PAS system will prove awkward.

I suggest you have both a handheld unit, and an extended one - as the PAS system affords.

Then you have the right tools to take on all comers.

:weightlifter:

5. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I use the Echo PAS system. I have the extended hedge clipper attachment, the articulated attachment, and the old HC-1500.

I use the articulated attachment the least. Due to its weight I only use it where needed. I use the non-articulating hedge clipper attachment the most along with my old 2100SB power unit. This combo keeps the weight down and saves a lot of back bending on some jobs. The hand held HC-1500 is still necessary for some jobs. I also have the Echo 3-foot attachment extension which I have used occasionally with the hedge clipper but not for very long.