1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Stihl BG86 vs. Husky 125B vs. Murayama BL32

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by dishboy, Apr 29, 2017.

1. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Any real clear winners here in the handheld blower world? The Husky is half the price of the Stihl, have not priced the Murayama but it gets good reviews.

2. hmlawn

hmlawn LawnSite Member

I say BG86 is the way to go. Husky 125B as far as I know is just a residential grade blower sold at big box stores. I've used a few, they're not bad, but I'd pay the extra money and get the BG86. We have 3 and love them.

I personally stay away from Maruyama because I don't have Maruyama dealers anywhere around where I am as far as I know. If you have good support, maybe that's the way to go for you then.

dishboy likes this.
  3. Reedo

Reedo LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from S.E. Minnesota

Husqvarna has a new commercial handheld that is supposed to be pretty sweet. It is a direct competitor to the bg86. I think it's a 5xx or something.

dishboy likes this.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Got the Stihl it is difficult to start....I guess I don't use it enough to figure it out.

dishboy likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Yes I see that, 459CFM, they are not giving velocity in specs just 15N , whatever that means. They like to mess around with specs, It shows more CFM than the 125B on Huskys site but with what tube? Lowes says 125B 470cfm and 170mph but what tubes? They like ambiguity , so you can't make a honest comparison.

6. OP
    OP
    dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

That's what's going on with my old shindiawa 25cc. 15-20 pulls, not worth the effort.

7. Reedo

Reedo LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from S.E. Minnesota

IMG_0108.PNG Here's the specs of the 525bx

dishboy likes this.
  8. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Maruyama BL32 I have had it for 3 years and had no problems with it. It starts usually 2nd pull cold, provided you hit primer bulb 3-5 times and choke it. It has good power and mph for handheld at 450 CFM and 180 MPH with std tube, which flattens out some towards the end.

I have an Echo PB 255 which is a year older but has given me some carb problems and a crank seal blew out. It is relegated to home and shop duty now.

The Maruyama BL32 is considerably more powerful than the Echo BG 255...even though you weren't asking about the Echo.

My neighbor bought a Stihl BG86 blower last fall and I checked it out a few months later (in winter) and compared it to my BL32 in some of his and my leaves. I really could not tell much if any weight difference between the two. I did notice that the BL32 seemed more powerful than the BG86 Stihl, (not a huge amount but a little more powerful to me) but only used them together that one day. The Maruyama has the 5 year commercial warranty, I'm not sure about the Stihl warranty but both are quality blowers. I have a Stihl and Maruyama dealer in same town so dealer location wasn't an issue for me on either one.

I have not seen or used a Husqvarna hand held blower and haven't read anything on the one you mentioned.

ltdlawn and dishboy like this.
  9. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Specs are here:
    http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/leaf-blowers/525bx/967284202/#specifications

Appears to be identical to the Stihl BG86...459 cfm and 156 mph with round tube. Seems to be a nice blower. I presume the 25.4 cc motor is the same one used in the Husqvarna 525LS/LST trimmers. That would mean it's a Redmax engine.

Reviews seem good:
    https://www.leafblowersdirect.com/Husqvarna-967-28-42-02-Leaf-Blower/p67586.html

Ridin' Green likes this.
  10. OZcut

OZcut LawnSite Member

Only reason i buy 56 or 86 is the power it has with the 27cc engine or the parts on ebay are easy to get and cheaper