Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 60 of 333 Posts
I tried them both and the 600 was just more comfortable to me, and it has more than enough power for anything we do. I don't doubt the husky is a really good blower I really like my husky chainsaw. I just decided to try and keep as much of my stuff the same brand as possible for maint and spare parts reasons, and stihl's line of equipt is broad enough that we can pretty much keep everything the same. I don't remember why I bought a husky chainsaw but if I were to buy another one it would be a stihl.

The Redmax 8500 and Husqvarna 580 have a few differences, the biggest one being that the Husky has a different harness system that includes a padded waist belt...a nice feature to have instead of having all 30+ pounds on your shoulders. The 8500/580 will outblow the BR600 by a fair margin, but they're big, heavy and loud as hell at WOT. But after you've used one anything else seems like a toy. I'm not saying the BR600 isn't a powerful blower, but the 8500/580 takes it to a whole different level.
Now you said what I have been reading that it is awesome and I have to get the Husqvarna is that the dealer that I got my MZ6128ZT will cut me a super deal like right cost so will seen on monday will do after he talks to he's factory rep. I will give him my list all will need for the next year.

the cars on that list aren't considered production cars, 0-60 times is only one factor, nothing to do with the fastest overall. I'll put a freakin lancer against a stock gt and come out ahead, Hell I could outrun a wrx si in my BMW 335 but not a shelby mustang, and bout even with a stock gt
Really now? Define production then!

Who gives a damn about overall speed when there is little room to really open a car up these days.

Not my fault America sucks ass with real supercar performance. The only decent thing to come from this great country of ours is the Viper. Everything else is a fail in my opinion.

Now you said what I have been reading that it is awesome and I have to get the Husqvarna is that the dealer that I got my MZ6128ZT will cut me a super deal like right cost so will seen on monday will do after he talks to he's factory rep. I will give him my list all will need for the next year.
I never try to beat my dealers up over price on small equipment. I paid $529 for my 580 in the fall of 2011 when they were priced at $559, but that's the price they had on it. They have gone up $20 since then. If you're a bigger guy and into overkill and brute force go for it. They have enough power to actually do leaf cleanups in the rain, not something I had even considered doing before. But make no mistake...the things are gigantic, loud and heavy, yet surprisingly comfortable due to the excellent harness system. The only time mine becomes a bit of a burden is when working on hilly properties. It has all but eliminated my use of my wheel blower.

You actually consider a 60cc saw big? Even for those that cut part-time, that's mid-size/average at best.

Not a fan of Vettes except do applaud them as they have withstood the test of time. For killer American muscle I'd look elsewhere.
My big saw was bigger than 60cc it was 99cc PIONEER SAWS LTD.
PETERBOROUGH, ONTARIO, CANADA
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:
YEAR INTRODUCED: 1978
YEAR DISCONTINUED: 1980
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 6.0 cu. in. (99cc)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1
CYLINDER BORE: 2.250 in. (57mm)
PISTON STROKE: 1.500 in. (38mm)

I never try to beat my dealers up over price on small equipment. I paid $529 for my 580 in the fall of 2011 when they were priced at $559, but that's the price they had on it. They have gone up $20 since then. If you're a bigger guy and into overkill and brute force go for it. They have enough power to actually do leaf cleanups in the rain, not something I had even considered doing before. But make no mistake...the things are gigantic, loud and heavy, yet surprisingly comfortable due to the excellent harness system. The only time mine becomes a bit of a burden is when working on hilly properties. It has all but eliminated my use of my wheel blower.
I'm with you on that darryl, I hate when we get beatup on price so I feel guilty trying to beat the other guy up, as long as he's being reasonable I won't argue price.

I'm with you on that darryl, I hate when we get beatup on price so I feel guilty trying to beat the other guy up, as long as he's being reasonable I won't argue price.
Same here, and there's not a lot of mark up in the hand held gear to begin with.

If you need towing capacity rated at hauling ass, look no further than a F-150 lightning. There's plenty of modded turbo and twin turbo diesel pickups that can outrun most sports cars on the road. Even the GMC cyclone was a barn burner as far as trucks go, I think it was the fastest production truck ever made.

Well I'd have to look much further to be impressed. Never liked trucks at all, but have left alot of them sitting still at stop lights. Have yet to see one touch what I run.

I'm done with this conversation so maybe it will get back on topic.

Could someone please explain the difference between these machines?
They are the same size motor and roughly the same price and weight, yet the air throughput varies greatly.

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
I started my LCO two years ago and followed advice of guys on here. Don't buy anything but the most powerful unit no matter what brand you are buying. Time=$ and the time/$ adds up quickly when trying to move grass clippings, clumps and leaves around.

I bought a BR600 two years ago at my local dealer for $425 when they were selling used ones on Fleabay for $300-$400. Do not be afraid to negotiate with your Stihl Dealers. The suggested retail price of $499 is making them a lot of $$...offer $400 and work up from there. Do not I repeat do not buy used blowers...you never know how well it was maintained.

Last spring I decided I needed another blower and found a dealer a few miles further up the road selling them for $415.

BTW- The BR600 may not be the most powerful unit built but it is IMHO the best when considering power to weight ratio. Lugging one of these around on your back for 3 or more hours will make you appreciate this fact.

Last

I am thowing one more in the mix I like true 4 strokes no't some 4-mix .I thinking of getting a Makita Model: BBX7600CA or a Dolmar PB-7601.4 as they are the same blower
PB-7601.4
Overall weight 10.2 kg (22.4 lbs)
Displacement 75.6 cc Stihl 64.8 cc (3.95 cu. in.)
Power rating 2.8 kW (3.8 HP) Stihl 3.0 kW (4.0 bhp)
Fuel tank capacity 1.9 l (64.2 oz) Stihl 1400 cc (47.3 oz.)
Engine 4-stroke Stihl 4-mix
Max air speed 87 m/s (195 mph) Stihl 90 m/sec. (201 mph) Husqvarna 206.2 mph
Air volume max 20.4 m³/min (720 cfm)Stihl 1210 m³/h (712 cfm) Husqvarna 907.6 cfm
Look like the Dolmar and the Stihl output are allmost the same I the Husqvarna has more output but at a big weight , price and 100 dB. So I will give up some output for the Dolmar to get a true 4-stroke.

41 - 60 of 333 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.