1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl BR550 or BR600 blower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by recycledsole, Nov 4, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

2. TempleLawnCare

TempleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Husqvarna 580bts .......they should call it a jetpack!

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

My handheld can push more leaves then the 550 can.

4. TempleLawnCare

5. recycledsole

from MD

i dont know where to get the husquavarna and its 80 more than the stihl. its worht it>

6. TempleLawnCare

I have never personally used a stihl, but from my personal experience this 580 rocks. $80 is nothing with the time you will save having a quality blower.

7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

You'll get alot of comments on getting XYZ blower doing more but you'll have a hard time finding a better blower compairing ALL the features that come with a stihl blower. I have both a 550 and 600, the specs are very close on paper, but the 600 is a beast.

8. recycledsole

from MD

how long did you have this for?
    thanks

9. TempleLawnCare

Honestly I just bought it yesterday because my 10hp billy goat blew a pushrod for the third time in 2 weeks. So I cannot atest to the longevity of the 580, but I have a 150bts that is 2 years old and runs like new still. The comfortability is amazing as it has a belly and chest strap. With that being said that I went from a 10hp walk behind to the 580 and was still impressed should say alot about it's power.

10. HLM HustlerZ

HLM HustlerZ LawnSite Member

Go with BR 600 Magnum, we have 2 of them and they are great! We also have a BR550 and all the guys seem to agree that it blows about 80% of the power of the BR 600 Magnum! Get the big boy