Stihl BR600 vs BR600 Magnum... is one much older???

nch209

LawnSite Member
Considering purchasing a backpack blower, and narrowed it down to a br600. I understand the magnum has better fuel pickups and straps, but is it an addition to the blower line, or a replacement of a regular 600? Found a new Non magnum for 370 bucks, and was wondering if it would be fine, or if I should pony up the extra 130 for a magnum. Thanks!!

OP
N

nch209

LawnSite Member
^. Thanks. I hope you don't need any questions answered in the future... Cause you know where to find the answer.

This is a legit question, as I know some stihl stuff has current variants/levels- sometimes due to where it's origination is, where other things are simply old/new versions.

Wobbles

LawnSite Member
if you click the first link in that google search it has a lawnsite thread from 2010 that i think has a discussion about the questions your asking

OP
N

nch209

LawnSite Member
Fair enough... Its at from a local guy who moves stihl overstock. Perhaps the better question I should have asked is if all br600's from the past couple years are magnums,,,, even if they dont have the sticker on the rear saying so?

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes, any that have the current style tube tip/end on them are Magnums. The Original 600's had a bunted/rounded tip on them with a slightly larger hole and less air speed.