1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl BR700 or Redmax EBZ8500RH?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Rockchoplawn, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Rockchoplawn

Rockchoplawn LawnSite Member

We have been running BR600 Magnum's for years, still have 3 but have been wanting to try the Redmax. Was going to buy one this season but Stihl just released the BR700. On paper, the Redmax is the clear winner... but after purchasing the new FS111RX and HT133 I really like the new push stop and easy start on the new Stihl products. Just looking for input from those who own the blowers as we are upgrading as soon as the leaves start to fall. I'm more concerned what blower would do better with heavier loads of dry and wet leaves than basic lawn clippings.

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

There are a number of threads discussing these blowers with strong opinions expressed going both ways. If you have the cash, buy one of each and see for yourself how they stack up. After the leaf season is over you can sell the loser and stick with the winner.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

71GTX and Rockchoplawn like this.
  4. GoPappy

GoPappy LawnSite Bronze Member

:popcorn:

Pressedun likes this.
  5. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

:laughing: Thumbs Up

Bumpmaster likes this.
  6. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

We run the Redmax 8500 blowers, when it comes to shear power these units are the top (in my opinion) although I haven't ran the BR700. If the new stihl is anything similar to the 500, 550, 600 series then I'd def go with redmax
    I haven't heard anyone speak negatively about the redmax, whereas the stihl owners have some negative aspects about them.

7. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Silver Member

RM is a More Powerful blower than the Stihl. The Stihls been lagging behind RM for at least the last 15 years.

8. Grass Bass

Grass Bass LawnSite Member

I have a BR 600 Love it......Then I bought a Husky 580 BTS (Orange Red Max 8500) holy smokes it isn't close great power and very comfortable. I am a huge Stihl fan but when the 700 came out the specs didn't impress me so I grabbed the Husky and couldn't be happier

9. Pressedun

The Stihl 700 is a good blower all around, nice comfort like the 600 and a lot more power. I've owned 600's, 8500's, 580's and a 700. Although I haven't used the 700 in leaf season, I'd imagine it would do very well.

Problem with the 8500/580 is its clunky, uncomfortable and is worse at bed/shrub detail leaf clean up. It does push leaves incredibly well though.

Problem with the 600 is the lack of power for pushing leaves, great comfort and bed detail work however.

The 700 seems to be a compromise of more power while still retaining the comfort of the 600.

My vote is the 700.

10. Pressedun

Running one RedMax/Husky for every one Stihl 700 would be unstoppable come leaf season.