Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been eyeing one of those BR800x is it worth it? RIght now I have 86 I think and old br600. Looking to upgrade to get the job done and quicker

Oh btw Ive looked at Echo PB 9010 too

·
Registered
883 Posts
Power is great, I’ve got 2 br800. They were both great for a couple years until they both have had some running problems. They are both repaired at this point, but they have not been bulletproof like the 700s we have had for many years.

·
Registered
24,811 Posts
Try the 9010 on and swing that tube around a bit, then try on the 800 and do the same. The 9010 is definitely more powerful as far as blowing force, but it is rarely needed and it also tends to scatter the debris out ahead of you enough that you sometimes have to chase it around. Not so with the 800. Like I said, after the HH and even the 600, the 800 will fill like a real hoss.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Will not use anything but 9010’s in leaf season. It pushes piles much quicker than 800 and blows out maze like shrub gardens easily.

The BR800 don’t put out much more air than my old Shin EB854

RedMax ruled the blower wars for about 15 yrs with Stihl a distant 4th. Past 5 yrs or so it’s all Echo with Stihl moving up to second

·
Registered
24,811 Posts
You can use the 800 for the same purpose and have a machine that will do all you need in the leaves. You already have a 600, so get the 800 and have all your bases covered. I haven't seen where you mentioned how many, or if you even do leaf clean-ups. If you don't, or only do a small amount, get another 600.

·
Registered
24,811 Posts
Good for you. You are only hear to argue as always. If I had said the 9010, you'd have said get something else. We all know how you are. We all know you do tiny props and what yu do doesn't apply to most others here. Seems like you are trying to make up for another shortcoming......................

You aren't helping him by recommending what you like. The only real help is recommending what would be best for him in his situation, and that isn't ever what you do.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Nope. If you said get 9010. I’d agree.
Lol.

Stihl and RM should have something to compete with 9010 soon. Rep told me this just after Covid started which likely waylaid their plans.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Unrelated to performance but my dealer who sells allot of both Stihl and Echo says he sees significantly more 800’s coming back for repair. This is likely due to the valve adjustments. A true 2 stroke is a simpler engine and on average should be less prone to issues if the carb is adjusted correctly.

I have had issues with an 8010 and 810 where they would not run in excessively hot weather that required some tinkering to correct. Otherwise, several years in and countless hrs on the 8010’s no issues.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts