Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've been lurking here for a while but haven't posted. Here goes....

Bought a new trimmer today. It's my second year in business and the curved shaft echo i had died on me, I was kind of planning on that.

Went to Russo Power in Chicago, got the FS100, and used it on six houses.

Pros:
Lots of power
Low idle RPM
Easy-tap head
Small guard

Cons:
Takes 5-10 seconds to get to idle
Heavier than Echo

That's all i can think of for now. Overall, I'm happy (so far) with the new toy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went to use the blade for some heavy brush and found out due to the lifetime warranty on the drive shaft, this unit does not accept blades.

That piece I use all the time to carry the trimmer from yard to yard one handed. It seems on mine at least that the trimmer is balanced at this point.

·
Registered
51 Posts
stihl does not want you to put a blade on the fs100 and the fs110rx because it has a hollow aluminum drive shaft.But at my dealer ship if you want to run a blade on a fs110rx we will put the solid shaft and the liner to match under warranty when it breaks.I have a fs130 and love it at 1.7bhp.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the dealers around here said you could attach the chainsaw, edger, hedge trimmer, etc, but you just had to take the gear box off it. Currently, i don't have use for those, but maybe he was mistaken and it doesn't work that way. Either way, i think it's a solid trimmer...only test now is time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thirdpete said:
One of the dealers around here said you could attach the chainsaw, edger, hedge trimmer, etc, but you just had to take the gear box off it. Currently, i don't have use for those, but maybe he was mistaken and it doesn't work that way. Either way, i think it's a solid trimmer...only test now is time.
It will fit but it will break the shaft on the fs100 and 110rx the 130 has the solid shaft,yes it would fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.