1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl FS 80 vs. Shindaiwa T 230

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NC Scaper, May 27, 2004.

1. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

These are the two trimmers I am down to and just wanted to see everyones input on which one to go with the shindaiwa is 20 dollars more but that will not really be a deciding factor. Any input would be great.

Robert

2. grasshopper721D

grasshopper721D LawnSite Member

I just bought a Stihl FS80 this week, so far i love it. Great power and well balanced.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I love my FS 80..a lot of power, very dependable, and put together well.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Don't know about the shindy but, The fs80 is a good trimmer.
    We've bought 7 pieces of stihl equipment so far this year,yes we like the equipment,1 being an fs 80 and 2 others being fs85rx's.
    Does the shindy have a solid drive shaft?
    The fs80 is just a tad spongy on the acceleration compared to the fs85's with the solid shaft but nothing that is appreciable.

5. pbm

pbm LawnSite Member

I have used Shindaiwa T 230's for the last 9 years out of 14 in the business and have found them to be fantastic. I find them very lite and easy to use. Although I must say out of the 4 that I have owned in that time 1 of them I was not fully happy with as it proved to be difficult to start when not completely cold but other than that I could not fault them

6. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Shindy baby! The f230 has been my trimmer of choice for several years now. I have used several stihls. OK but the Shindy rules.

7. mpblass

mpblass LawnSite Member

I have been running t-230's since 98 with no problems. I think that they are great trimmers.

8. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

The 230 is the smallest in their line of trimmers.

It is lightweight and well balanced and has lots of power.

I have 2 more of this manufacturers line, a T-27 and a T-270, their most powerful.

No problems using them....however, I tend to pick up the 230 for regular trimming.

9. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

go with the fs 80 i think it got more power

10. rlmelton

rlmelton LawnSite Member

they make a 22t that is smaller than the 230