Lawn Care Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts
I have a FS90r, and a KM110r and as far as I can say, the KM110r has a smoother throttle than the FS90r. I am not sure why, but a friend thinks it could be due to throttle linkage perhaps. My take is that Stihl sells the FS90r for light use, so it needs more throttle, and the FS130r is for all out use, so it tends to be used at full throttle, where as the FS110r is more of the middle trimmer, so it has a better throttle. The FS100rx and FS110r use the same engine, and are the only ones Stihl lists as having "quick and smooth acceleration".

Discussion starter · #82 ·
Well, I went ahead and picked up the KM110 this morning along with the bed re-definer, straight shaft trimmer, and the 135 degree hedge trimmer attachments. I have a hedge trimming job on Tuesday, so I will give a review on how it works for me. I figured I might as well get the 110 since everything was on sale.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #87 ·
Well, I tried out the hedge trimmer attachment on the 110 today and it worked well. Little heavy, but probably because I'm outta shape from the winter and it was my first job this year. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Cuts really nice! I absolutely love the fact you can stand on the ground and trim the top of a 6-7' hedge no problem. That 135 degree swivel head is really nice. But yes it is a little on the heavy side. Great attachment!
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, I tried out the hedge trimmer attachment on the 110 today and it worked well. Little heavy, but probably because I'm outta shape from the winter and it was my first job this year. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Cuts really nice! I absolutely love the fact you can stand on the ground and trim the top of a 6-7' hedge no problem. That 135 degree swivel head is really nice. But yes it is a little on the heavy side. Great attachment!
Posted via Mobile Device
I bought one of those a few weeks ago, just a little before you got yours. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'm glad you like the way it works. I agree that it is a little front heavy, but after what I've been doing the last few years, I'll take the added weight for the ease of use.

It is heavy. No doubt about that. But a job that took half an hour with a ladder before is done in 8-10 minutes with the reach. Running one for 20-30 minutes will flat put a burn on your forearms (and knock out some monster bushes).

I definitely try to use the shorter ones when possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #91 ·
Discussion starter · #94 ·
You won't regret it that's for sure...a real time saver!
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #95 ·
Well guys, I tried the trimmer & re-definer attachment today. I can definitly agree with the trimmer being a PITA to find the sweet spot, its there but hard to find. I know lots of guys have said its hard to feather the throttle....it is, but once you find that throttle position its great! My troy built is so easy compared the stihl to feather and find the sweet spot. Bed re-definer is awesome!!! Cuts a nice edge, but builds up under the guard really quick when wet. But all in all a great attachment! Cany wait to try it in dry soil!
Posted via Mobile Device

I used a Stihl FS 76 2 cycle for 15 years, and it always ran great. But it got to where I had to adjust the carb every time the weather was hotter, colder, more humid or less humid. Probably needed carb work. A few years ago I bought a new Sthil FS 130 and I love it. A little heavier, but has more power, and works great for those areas where I have to wreak industrial havoc on grass that I can't get to with a mower.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.