1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl FS75 trimmer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by trink2030, Aug 27, 2005.

1. trink2030

trink2030 LawnSite Member
    from ca

HI,

I just aquired an FS75 Stihl trimmer with an Autocut 10-11 head. It came with no string and need to know the correct size string. I've searched the web extensively and also searched this forum for the information. I can't find anything, I can't even find a 10-11 to buy so I'm guessing they are outdated.

I also aquired an FS40 at the same time with an either 5-3 blade head or a 6-3 head, is there a way to distinguish between the two? I may just take the head off of the 40 and put it on the 75.

Thanks for any help

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I can call my dealer monday for you if nobody tells you before .

John

3. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

Did you get the Stihl FS75 trimmer to work? I am in the process of getting one and I found a used unit on CL for $85.00. Not to familiar with this weed eater, I trust the Stihl brand, but would like some insight from you, since you have one.

4. jolson

jolson LawnSite Member
    from IL

The 10-11 head has been discontinued. It was also used on the FS 30 and 36 (both discontinued). It was simply replaced with the AutoCut 11-2. The 10-11 uses 0.080 just as the 11-2 does. I believe you can also use the orange 0.095 string on that head.
    If you want to use a blade, the Polycut 5-3 is compatible.

5. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

Or you could just replace it with a Speed Feed and be done with it.

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I run poly cut heads 40-3 I run 105 line in it only head I ever ran since 1985

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Fs 75 was a nice they had the adjustable carb crank it up get more hp and rpm out it

8. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your insight.