Stihl Head Phones

99team

LawnSite Member
OP

99team

LawnSite Member
Also do they block out the noise from the mower running. My old ones you can hear the radio and mower. Im trying to block out the mower noise a little bit better.

Mickhippy

LawnSite Platinum Member
I see in that amazon add, at the bottom they have Peltor Alerts. They are true noise cancelling and have a radio. You can adjust how much outside noise you like. Only drawback was (unless its changed) the need for a special patch chord for plugging in a phone or whatever.

If your not going to plug un a phone, they are great. Not digital tuning though.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

LawnSite Senior Member
They are the $50.00 dollar worktunes just rebated to STIHL

The $50.00 dollar worktunes work great for me!

CTS Lawn & Landscape

LawnSite Member
I had the yellow worktunes and they gave out on me and I went ahead and bought these. I was not happy with the price tag either. They do do a good job blocking noise but you're not going to get the mower, weedeater, blower fully blocked out. ( I don't think any will fully block the sound)

Pros: Stronger build
Feel a lot more comfortable

Cons: MP3 cord very small. Need to have ipod on your arm not pant pocket!
Dial tuning not button and pre set buttons for favorite channels.
(Say a branch hits them in the dial area, it will change the channel. the yellow ones never did that.
Speakers are very dull. No bass, mostly treble, where the yellow ones had a lot more sound quality to them.

I will say, over time they turned out ok, but really miss sound quality, easy changing of channels, and able to plug Ipod in with the longer cord ( which was lost right after i purchased these).

IMO Don't buy them, and get the yellow or black worktunes that are digital display

jetta

LawnSite Member
go to nte and buy the 3m ones ..buy the 1yr warr for 5 bucks replace them every year for 5 bucks